Performance & Event Entry
The NSSOTA Performance Department is pleased to announce the 2023-2024 performance season.
Performances are available for all students in the School of Music, School of Theatre, and School of Visual Arts.
If you are interested in student event details, please scroll to the bottom.
NSSOTA classifies performances on a three tier system:
● Tier 1 Performance: Students perform in a studio performance, community event, charity event, church service, or in front of friends and family at home, etc. These performances are typically informal and demonstrate student progress to develop their performance skills. Memorization is encouraged for this performance tier.
● Tier 2 Performance: Students perform in a formal recital showcase or production. Memorization and a polished performance is expected for this performance tier.
● Tier 3 Performance: Students perform in an adjudicated festival or competition. In this setting, they receive positive critiques and a rating, along with an award based upon their rating. Memorization is required at this performance tier.
NSSOTA provides studio-wide Tier 2 and Tier 3 performances. Tier 1 performances may also be hosted by NSSOTA instructors at NSSOTA. Students are encouraged to perform at least once in the calendar year for the sake of developing their performance skills.
2023-2024 NSSOTA Performance & Event Schedule
- NSSOTA Monologue Festival – November 11
- Winter Art Competition & Gallery – December 3
- Entry deadline November 29
- It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play (One Act) Performance – December 1-2
- Happily Ever Before Auditions – December 10-12 (by appointment)
- NSSOTA Winter Showcase – December 8-10 and 15-17
- Entry deadline November 30
One Act Play:
It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play
Rehearsals are Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:30-7:30pm
This beloved American holiday classic comes to captivating life as a live 1940s radio broadcast. With the help of an ensemble that brings a few dozen characters to the stage, the story of idealistic George Bailey unfolds as he considers ending his life one fateful Christmas Eve.
Winter Art Competition & Gallery
Entry & Art Submission Deadline - November 29
The NSSOTA Art Competition and Exhibition is an opportunity for our art students to display their artwork for an in-gallery exhibit of works. Through positive critiques and feedback, each student is encouraged to reach their fullest potential as an artist. Students will be awarded based upon their individual rating from the judge.
NSSOTA Winter Showcase
December 7-10 and 15-17
Entry Deadline - November 30
Happily Ever Before
Auditions: December 10-12 (by appointment)
Rehearsals are Tuesdays & Thursdays from 5:30-7:30pm, and Fridays from 4:30-6:30pm
The fairytale villains have had enough! For too long the Evil Queen, Wicked Stepmother, and Dark Fairy have been pushed into the shadows while princesses like Snow White, Cinderella, and Briar Rose get their happily-ever-afters. So, the scoundrels set out to change things.