School of Music
Building Self-esteem and Confidence
with Well-rounded Music Education
School of Music
Founded in 1999, The School of Music offers programs for all ages. Private lessons include options for various instruments such as piano, voice, guitar, drums, ukulele, strings, woodwinds & brass.
The School of Music offers performances in our Recital Hall and Black Box Theatre throughout the year. Students have lessons in the Jackson Arts Building on a weekly basis. For students interested in music production and recording, our studio houses an audio/visual production space. Instructors at NSSOTA are highly sought after in the North Texas area. In addition to higher education degrees, many are active professional musicians and performers.
The Six Pillars of
The School of Music
UNDERSTANDING THE LANGUAGE OF MUSIC
Enforcing continuous note reading exercises that require the student to understand the language of music.
THE HEARTBEAT OF MUSIC: RHYTHM SKILLS
and play rhythmically.
PROMOTING MUSICIANSHIP & ARTISTRY
DEEPEN APPRECIATION OF THEORY
work each week.
EMPOWERING & EQUIPPING TO PLAY BY EAR
BECOMING A WELL ROUNDED MUSICIAN
as a well-rounded musician.
Music Explorer & Fine Arts Explorer Programs
T.E.A.M. Jam Performing Groups
In T.E.A.M. Jam (Together Everyone Achieves More), students will make music and perform together. It is a powerful and rewarding way to grow, challenge, and inspire one another! Classes are a practical application of what the student is learning in their private lessons.
- Glee Club (Ages 6-18): Age/ability placement. Learn to sing a variety of musical genres. Learn vocal techniques, solfege, sight singing, and how to harmonize while blending with other voices.
Through an audition process, we place students based on age and ability into these performance focused programs:
- One AChord (Ages 13-18): Age/ability placement. Learn to perform string instruments as a chamber orchestra (mini orchestral groups).
- BandLIFE (Ages 8-18): Age/ability placement. Learn to write, arrange, improvise, and play in a garage band, worship band, or tock band setting with others.
- Heart Song (Ages 8-18): Students will learn to lead and perform praise and worship songs in a worship band.
Private Music Lessons
Instrumental Instruction includes:
- Drum kit
- Guitar (acoustic, electric, & bass)
- Piano (classical & jazz)
- Strings (violin, viola, & cello)
- Voice (any genre)