Ms. Jin finds passion in teaching piano. As a piano teacher, Ms. Jin is always kind, patient and shares her artistic passion with students. She helps students and their parents set and achieve their goals. She believes everyone finds enjoyment and special connections in music.
Ms. Jin has many years of experience teaching students of all skill levels and all ages, ranging from 3.5-year-old children to adults. Ms. Jin is comfortable teaching students virtually and in-person for lessons. She is adaptable, using varied approaches to create a fun and memorable atmosphere for her students.
Her piano students have successfully participated in many seasonal recitals. Some of her students have won top prizes in national competitions.
Ms. Jin also teaches music theory, sight singing, and ear training because she believes these related fields are also necessary in order to fully understand music and play piano better.
Education and Accomplishments:
- Bachelors in Piano Performance- University of Kansas (KU)- under the direction of Dr. Jack Winerock
- Masters in Piano Performance- Mannes School of Music- under the direction of Prof. Yuri Kim.
- Currently pursuing her DMA in piano performance- University of North Texas (UNT) under the direction of Dr. Pamela Mia Paul – a significant scholarship was granted to her
- She also studies with Dr. Scott McBride Smith, devoting herself to piano teaching and the research of piano pedagogy.
- During her undergraduate and graduate study, she received scholarships from the University of Kansas, Kansas City Music Club (KCMC), Sigma Alpha Iota (SAI), and Mannes School of Music.
- As a winner of the Elite International Music Competition, she performed at Carnegie Hall in 2019.
- In 2018, she was nominated and selected to perform in the public masterclass at Mannes School of Music, and received comments from Richard Goode.
- As a scholarship recipient and winner of auditions, she regularly performed in winner recitals KCMC and SAI held.
- She was also invited to perform in the 21st annual Beatrice Liu Memorial Concert
- She was nominated and selected many times to perform in KU Honor Recitals
- She earned two First Place Awards in the Kansas Music Teacher Association (KMTA) competition.
- One in the freshman- sophomore group, and another in the junior-senior group (2015 & 2017).
- Second Place Award in the Liszt International Piano Competition, held in Hong Kong in 2011
- First Place Award in “Xingxinghuoju” National Piano Competition (China) in 2010
- First Place Award in “Pugongying” National Piano Competition (China) in 2010.