Our Music Together classes are playful and rich, full of musical engagement for young children ages infant to 4 years. Music Together helps babies, toddlers, and preschoolers discover their inner music-maker by playing with the grownups they love. These mixed age classes offer so many important benefits such as cognitive development, eye-hand coordination, integration of motor skills, hearing and speech development and more. Music for young children supports overall early childhood development. But most importantly, it creates an emotional bond and connection between you and your child!
Your life as a parent can sometimes feel like a laundry list of tasks—feeding, wiping, cleaning, bathing—with periodic breaks to grab a fistful of snack crackers and wipe the spit-up off your shirt. You could probably be more organized. Or devote yourself to decluttering. But in our view, parenting should be fun, so bring your little one and let’s have some fun together!
From the heart of NSSOTA Owner, Heather Parks, and Music Together Director, Miss Tara, we know that in times like these we need our music now more than ever. We do not want cost to hinder any family from being able to join us this semester. Please take a look at the class details below and be sure to reach out to us if there is a way we can financially make it possible for your little(s) to join us. MUSIC IS SUCH A BLESSING! We want your littles to receive that blessing in their life!
FALL SEMESTER 2020 SCHEDULE
Class Theme – “The Bongos Collection”
- IN PERSON CLASSES held outdoors for the immediate future. In the case of inclement weather for outdoor classes, we will provide a virtual class option. As the weather turns cooler, providing COVID-19 conditions and protocols can be followed we will determine at a certain point to move the classes indoors. Make up classes will be provided in the case of illness in which we have been notified one calendar day prior.
CLASSES OFFERED: (45 min. weekly)–Wednesdays, 10:30a, September 23 to December 2, at New Song School of the Arts lawn. 7861 Tudor Lane, Argyle, TX 76226–Thursdays, 10:30a, September 24 to December 3, at the Harvest Community Center patio–Fridays, 10:30a, September 25 to December 4, at275 Oak Trail Dr., Double Oak 75077
- Materials Include song book, music CD and digital download (new music every quarter), quarterly newsletter, coloring pages, exclusive access to facebook NSSOTA Music Together group.
- 10-week semester/$200 including all materials. (Unlimited siblings join for $99)
SIGN UP BELOW
WINTER SEMESTER 2020 SCHEDULE
Class Theme – “The Sticks Collection”
- Free preview classes – December 11 or 12 at 10:30a
- Wednesday classes – January 8 through March 18 at 10:30a and 5:00p weekly (No class 3/11 due to Spring break.)
- Thursday classes – January 9 through March 19 at 10:30a weekly (No class 3/12 due to Spring break.)
SPRING SEMESTER 2020 SCHEDULE
Spring Virtual Semester
- March 30 through June 1
- M,W,F at 10:30 am for 15 minutes each session
SUMMER SEMESTER 2020 SCHEDULE
Class Theme – “Kazoo Collection One” and “Kazoo Collection Two”
Summer Classes – $138 each (including registration fee)
Sign-up for one or both.
(Two “Virtual” semesters offered in summer).
- Summer Semester ONE: M,W,F classes (15 minutes each class) – June 8 through July 17/10:30am
- Summer Semester TWO: M,W,F classes (15 minutes each class) August 3 through Sept 4/10:30 am
The Benefits of our Music Together classes for your child:
Music has a magical effect on children. Both energizing and calming, music enhances emotional bonding and makes for smoother developmental transitions. The saying goes, “music hath charms to soothe the savage beast”. Most parents and teachers realize the benefits of singing to their children. Whether it be trying to get your little one to sing the happy birthday song while they brush their teeth, or a kindergarten teacher creating a tune to help a child remember concepts…. MUSIC WORKS!! It makes life feel easier.
As it turns out, a “musical day” is a “learning-filled” day.
- Cultivate a love for music
- Building a foundation for music learning
- Makes unique connections in the brain supporting language, social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development.
- Learn to sing in tune
- Understand, feel, and count rhythm
- Nurture self expression
- Foster creativity
(Babies through 5 years)
The cornerstone of the Music Together program is our mixed-age music class, for children from birth through age five – and the grown-ups who love them! Gathering babies, toddlers, and preschoolers together makes each class of fun for all. There are lots of group activities for kids out there, but Music Together offers a true family music class for the youngest infant to the oldest great-grandparent, and everyone in between.
Imagine an extended family with a half dozen or more kids and a bunch of caring adults, and you’ll get the idea! Each week a trained music together teacher leads the class in singing, dancing, and playing songs that range from tender lullabies to boisterous jams using child – friendly percussion instruments. Our award-winning music, illustrated songbook, and other print and online resources will help you continue the music – making fun at home and nurture your child musical growth – even if you don’t think of yourself as a great singer or dancer. Like parenting, making music requires no previous experience or expertise, just a willingness to get down on the floor and get silly with your child.
Music Together was the first early childhood music program to offer music classes for mixed ages. Child development researchers have known for a long time that the natural family style environment of mixed age classes is the best way for young children to learn. In our experience, it works! In Mixed -Age classes, the older children love to show what they know and the younger ones love to watch and imitate. The relaxed, no pressure environment let’s all kids learn at their own pace.